Certified Organic Ginger (Local Ginger)
Ginger was one of the most widely used spices in the world in ancient times. Basically, you can buy fresh ginger or dry ginger in the market. And, at Acril Spice Island, you can buy Ginger wholesale as dried ginger, ground ginger, oil, and minced ginger.
In addition, as a leading ginger supplier in Sri Lanka, we guarantee the best wholesale ginger price in Sri Lanka.
Furthermore, on our website, you can buy ginger at retail price and you can request the best price for Sri Lankan Ginger wholesale orders.
Sri Lankan Ginger cultivation
In Sri Lanka, we grow ginger in wet and intermediate zones. In addition, it needs 25–30oC climate conditions. Therefore, we produce the best ginger in the areas of Kurunegala, Kandy, Gampaha, Colombo, and Kegalle.
In addition, we produce the following main varieties of ginger in Sri Lanka,
- Sri Lankan Ginger (Local Ginger): This version has a very strong flavor and comes with a small root. We recommend this grade to produce beverages and confectionery items.
- Chinese Ginger: This version has a low note of flavor and fragrance. But it has a large root with pale yellow watery flesh.
- Rangoon Ginger: This ginger has a medium-sized root with multiple fingers and mild notes of flavor and fragrance.
Furthermore, Sri Lankan ginger has a slightly bitter-pungent, hot flavor with a sweet and warm hint.
Apart from the flavor for the curries, we use ginger in baking, food products, and in the perfumery industry. Ginger has super medicinal value; therefore, we use it as a common ingredient in the Ayurvedic medical system.
Buy Ginger Wholesale and save money and time!
|Botanical name||Zingiber officinale|
|Soil||Well-drained fertile sandy loam soils|
|Annual rainfall||1500 mm or more|
|Temperature||25º C – 30ºC.|
|Grades||Fresh ginger, Ground ginger, Dried Ginger, Ginger oil, minced Ginger|
|Packaging||25Kg or 50 Kg Standard packing (Polybags/Jute Bags) or customized packing|
7 Proven Health Benefits of Ginger
- Ginger reduces muscle pain and soreness
- Helps to prevent osteoarthritis
- Improves heart health
- Reduces menstrual pain
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Improves brain function
- Helps fight infections