Lemongrass has a lemony aroma and a citrus flavor. And citronella is the alternative name of this plant. Apart from tea, this is a very common ingredient in cooking. Further, we use lemongrass essential oil for aromatherapy and as a natural air freshener. However, many people do not know the health benefits of lemongrass.
Buy the best quality Lemongrass tea or Lemongrass leaves (Organic) at the best wholesale price from Acril Tea Sri Lanka
Benefits of Lemongrass
1. Control Cholesterol Levels Loading with anti-hyperlipidemic and anti-hypercholesterolemic qualities, lemongrass is able to keep cholesterol in check. At the same time, it might reduce LDL cholesterol (the “bad”) in the body system.
2. Cancer Lemongrass can help with the treatment of many types of cancer without doing harm to the functions of normal cells. According to some research, lemongrass is effective at preventing skin cancer and citral in lemongrass may slow down the development of cancerous cells.
3. Insomnia One of the most outstanding benefits of lemongrass is to cure insomnia. Therefore, lemongrass can provide instant calming effects on muscles. Therefore, it may induce deep sleep naturally.
4. Headache Lemongrass helps to reduce a stress-induced headache when applied topically. Therefore, applying Lemongrass oil on the forehead alleviates stress, fatigue and relaxes tense muscles. It a cure for the headache. This is due to its Vata balancing property.
5. Dandruff (According to Ayurveda) Lemongrass oil has anti-dandruff properties. It helps to clean without irritating the scalp. It is especially useful for controlling chronic dandruff which is due to excessive dryness on the scalp. Further, applying Lemongrass oil helps to remove dryness in the scalp and controls dandruff.