Ceylon Cinnamon has many health benefits. It features types of antioxidants called polyphenols, phenolic acid, and flavonoids. Therefore, these compounds work to fight oxidative stress in the body.
Further, the different antioxidants present in cinnamon help to reduce a multitude of symptoms and diseases.
Furthermore, the cinnamon health benefits include its ability to reduce many forms of oxidative stress, including the ability to limit nitric oxide build up in the blood and lipid (fat) peroxidation.
More Benefits of Ceylon Cinnamon
- Research reveals approximately 6 grams of cinnamon has the potential to reduce LDL cholesterol, serum glucose, and triglyceride.
- Cinnamon has antiseptic properties. The spice helps prevent a breakout of infections and also repairs damaged tissue.
- Research and studies reveal consumption of cinnamon helps bring back neurotransmitter levels among Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease patients to normal.
- An active component called cinnamaldehyde present in cinnamon is known for its ability to fight bacterial and fungal infections.
- Cinnamon acts as a natural digestive and provides relief from bloating.
- Cinnamon oil is using in various massage therapies and helps sore muscles immensely.
- In ayurvedic treatments, cinnamon powder mixed with lime juice and used to treat stomach related problems.
- Cinnamon powder is using in many herbal drinks for providing relief from stomach related problems.
- Cinnamon has the ability to lower the risk of cancer. Research reveals cinnamon consumption minimizes the extent of tumor growth that is cancerous. Cinnamaldehyde a compound present in cinnamon helps protect DNA damage.
- Cinnamon is the best weight loss remedy in the world because the spice has a natural sweetness and no calories.